Kids wellness camp 2019
Cooking, nutrition and wellness for children age 9-12. Children are taught how to cook and eat well, understand food labels, sleep, hydration and much more!
Themes and topics
- FOOD HYGIENE- all about the not so friendly bugs and washing hands.
- EQUIPMENT- children will be introduce to different cooking equipment that we will be using.
- COOKING TECHNIQUES- children will learn different cooking techniques.
- EAT WELL GUIDE- understanding the healthy eating guide to help kids get a balance of healthier more sustainable foods.
- SUGAR friend or foe? - understanding sugar and how much is in the everyday things where consume.
- TASTE BUDDIES - developed children’s food vocabulary and taste buds beside sweet and salty.
- They will cook a broad range of dishes from different parts of the world.
- SEASONAL FOODS including lots of plants based - why It’s important to eat seasonal foods.
- SUBSTAINABILITY- The importance of eating local as much as we can.
- WHERE DOES FOOD COMES FROM? - understand and value where food comes from.
- UNDERSTANDING FOOD LABELS- become a food detective so you know what foods go in your body.
- DIGESTIVE HEALTH- Understanding the different parts of the gut, how It functions and what does It need to keep every organ in your body healthy. Gut bacteria the good bugs ninjas and the not so good bugs, GMO, PESTICIDES how all these affect our foods and health when we eat them.
- HEALTHY HYDRATION- what to drink and why Is hydration so Important, even more so In children than In adults.
- SLEEP- why we need sleep and how much do different age groups need. How we can practice better sleep hygiene.
- COOKING AT HOME- Tips on applying what they have learned at home and being mum and dad’s helper at menu planning and meal prepping for the week.
- LEARNING TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY’S WANTS AND NEEDS-What is my body asking for, Is It water, food, sleep, or does It want to move? (Playing outside with you mum or dad, siblings or friends is also exercise)
- BUILDING EMOTIONAL RESILENCE- fun techniques kids can do themselves written children psychologist.
- EXERCISE- Kids will take part in a kids’ fit yoga class with yoga and stretches.
Fun and educational!
All information is presented in a fun and engaging way for the children to enjoy and understand. Take home, Reusable DoBeWell foodie bag with a folder full of recipes, smoothie bottle and some healthy bars made by the children themselves and tips for parents on how to better support their kid in staying healthy and well at home.
The camp fee includes all meals lunch, snacks and beverages.
- Parents or carers are invited to lunch with the children on the last day of class.
- Additional child care for the morning from 8:00 - 9:00am
- and for the afternoon from 4:00 - 5:00 pm is available for 30chf per hour.
- 15-19 July 2019 at the Tandem International School, Zurich (Seefeld)
- 7-11 October 2019 at the Pfisterschüür, Thalwil
This workshop is on request, send an email for more information if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 0784042241
Kids cooking, nutrition and wellness camp
Pfisterschüür, Pfistergutareal, Alte Landstrasse 104, Thalwil